Something To Taco 'bout
Try our Crispy Chicken Caesar Tacos; a quick and easy-to-prepare dish! This delicious recipe was created exclusively for Chefs’ Selections by Chloe Milburn @chloemilb, Master Chef 2018 quarter-finalist, and includes our Great Taste Award Winning American Style Battered Chicken Fillets. Keep reading to see full recipe!
Chloe was working as a Senior Marketing Account Manager at an Agency in Leeds when she signed up for the 2018 series of Master Chef. Chloe impressed the judges with her simple yet delicious dishes resulting in Chloe making it through to the quarter-finals of the competition.
Post Master Chef, Chloe works as a private chef, food stylist, and recipe developer and works with global brands such as Anchor, Arla Protein, BOB, Cravendale and Morrison’s to create the ultimate dining experiences from ingredients from all over the world.
For the meat
4 Chefs’ Selections American Style Battered Chicken Fillets – Great Taste Award Winning
2 Chefs’ Selections Unsmoked Streaky Bacon Rashers
For the croutons
1tsp Chefs’ Selections Garlic Powder
1tsp Chefs’ Selections Dried Mixed Herbs
pinch Chefs’ Selections Cracked Black Pepper
pinch Chefs’ Selections Salt
1tsp Olive Oil
For the avo cream
1 ripe Avocado cut into chunks
2 heaped tbsp Sour Cream
1tsp Chefs’ Selections Garlic Puree
2tsp Lime Juice
1/3 tsp Chefs’ Selections Cracked Black Pepper
1/3 tsp Chefs’ Selections Salt
For the Caesar Salad
1 Baby Gem lettuce
7 Cherry Tomatoes
1/3 Red Onion finely sliced
2tbsp Chefs’ Selections Caesar Dressing
4 Soft White Medium Tortillas
50g Parmesan grated
1. Pre-heat your oven to 200C (fan) /180C (gas)
2. Cook your Chefs Selections chicken and bacon as per the package instructions.
3. For the croutons, place the bread cubes in a bowl with all other ingredients and mix so all evenly coated. Place on a lined baking tray and bake in the oven for 10 minutes until crispy. Set aside until ready to serve.
4. Meanwhile, onto your avo cream. Place all ingredients in a food processor/blender/or use a stick blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
5. For the Caesar salad, mix all ingredients in a medium bowl and season with a pinch of pepper. Cut your chicken into slices and roughly chop/break your bacon into small chunks.
6. To assemble, spread each tortilla with avo cream, top each with Caesar salad, followed by sliced chicken, a sprinkle of bacon, Parmesan and croutons. Serve in a taco tray.